Actual Exam Version:
- What are two methods that can be used to denormalize tables in BigQuery?
A. 1) Split table into multiple tables;
2) Use a partitioned table
B. 1) Join tables into one table;
2) Use nested repeated fields
C. 1) Use a partitioned table;
2) Join tables into one table
D. 1) Use nested repeated fields;
2) Use a partitioned table
- Which of these is not a supported method of putting data into a partitioned table?
A. If you have existing data in a separate file for each day, then create a partitioned table and upload each file into the appropriate partition.
B. Run a query to get the records for a specific day from an existing table and for the destination table, specify a partitioned table ending with the day in the format “$YYYYMMDD”.
C. Create a partitioned table and stream new records to it every day.
D. Use ORDER BY to put a table’s rows into chronological order and then change the table’s type to “Partitioned”.
- Which of these operations can you perform from the BigQuery Web UI?
A. Upload a file in SQL format.
B. Load data with nested and repeated fields.
C. Upload a 20 MB file.
D. Upload multiple files using a wildcard.
- Which methods can be used to reduce the number of rows processed by BigQuery?
A. Splitting tables into multiple tables; putting data in partitions
B. Splitting tables into multiple tables; putting data in partitions; using the LIMIT clause
C. Putting data in partitions; using the LIMIT clause
D. Splitting tables into multiple tables; using the LIMIT clause
- Why do you need to split a machine learning dataset into training data and test data?
A. So you can try two different sets of features
B. To make sure your model is generalized for more than just the training data
C. To allow you to create unit tests in your code
D. So you can use one dataset for a wide model and one for a deep model
- Which of these numbers are adjusted by a neural network as it learns from a training dataset (select 2 answers)?
C. Continuous features
D. Input values
- The CUSTOM tier for Cloud Machine Learning Engine allows you to specify the number of which types of cluster nodes?
B. Masters, workers, and parameter servers
C. Workers and parameter servers
D. Parameter servers
- Which software libraries are supported by Cloud Machine Learning Engine?
A. Theano and TensorFlow
B. Theano and Torch
D. TensorFlow and Torch
- Which TensorFlow function can you use to configure a categorical column if you don’t know all of the possible values for that column?
- Which of the following statements about the Wide & Deep Learning model are true? (Select 2 answers.)
A. The wide model is used for memorization, while the deep model is used for generalization.
B. A good use for the wide and deep model is a recommender system.
C. The wide model is used for generalization, while the deep model is used for memorization.
D. A good use for the wide and deep model is a small-scale linear regression problem.
- To run a TensorFlow training job on your own computer using Cloud Machine Learning Engine, what would your command start with?
A. gcloud ml-engine local train
B. gcloud ml-engine jobs submit training
C. gcloud ml-engine jobs submit training local
D. You can’t run a TensorFlow program on your own computer using Cloud ML Engine .
- If you want to create a machine learning model that predicts the price of a particular stock based on its recent price history, what type of estimator should you use?
A. Unsupervised learning
D. Clustering estimator
- Suppose you have a dataset of images that are each labeled as to whether or not they contain a human face. To create a neural network that recognizes human faces in images using this labeled dataset, what approach would likely be the most effective?
A. Use K-means Clustering to detect faces in the pixels.
B. Use feature engineering to add features for eyes, noses, and mouths to the input data.
C. Use deep learning by creating a neural network with multiple hidden layers to automatically detect features of faces.
D. Build a neural network with an input layer of pixels, a hidden layer, and an output layer with two categories.
- What are two of the characteristics of using online prediction rather than batch prediction?
A. It is optimized to handle a high volume of data instances in a job and to run more complex models.
B. Predictions are returned in the response message.
C. Predictions are written to output files in a Cloud Storage location that you specify.
D. It is optimized to minimize the latency of serving predictions.
- Which of these are examples of a value in a sparse vector? (Select 2 answers.)
A. [0, 5, 0, 0, 0, 0] B. [0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1] C. [0, 1] D. [1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]
- How can you get a neural network to learn about relationships between categories in a categorical feature?
A. Create a multi-hot column
B. Create a one-hot column
C. Create a hash bucket
D. Create an embedding column
- If a dataset contains rows with individual people and columns for year of birth, country, and income, how many of the columns are continuous and how many are categorical?
A. 1 continuous and 2 categorical
B. 3 categorical
C. 3 continuous
D. 2 continuous and 1 categorical
- Which of the following are examples of hyperparameters? (Select 2 answers.)
A. Number of hidden layers
B. Number of nodes in each hidden layer
- Which of the following are feature engineering techniques? (Select 2 answers)
A. Hidden feature layers
B. Feature prioritization
C. Crossed feature columns
D. Bucketization of a continuous feature
- You want to use a BigQuery table as a data sink. In which writing mode(s) can you use BigQuery as a sink?
A. Both batch and streaming
B. BigQuery cannot be used as a sink
C. Only batch
D. Only streaming
- You have a job that you want to cancel. It is a streaming pipeline, and you want to ensure that any data that is in-flight is processed and written to the output. Which of the following commands can you use on the Dataflow monitoring console to stop the pipeline job?
- When running a pipeline that has a BigQuery source, on your local machine, you continue to get permission denied errors. What could be the reason for that?
A. Your gcloud does not have access to the BigQuery resources
B. BigQuery cannot be accessed from local machines
C. You are missing gcloud on your machine
D. Pipelines cannot be run locally
- What Dataflow concept determines when a Window’s contents should be output based on certain criteria being met?
- Which of the following is NOT one of the three main types of triggers that Dataflow supports?
A. Trigger based on element size in bytes
B. Trigger that is a combination of other triggers
C. Trigger based on element count
D. Trigger based on time
- Which Java SDK class can you use to run your Dataflow programs locally?
- The Dataflow SDKs have been recently transitioned into which Apache service?
A. Apache Spark
B. Apache Hadoop
C. Apache Kafka
D. Apache Beam
- The _________ for Cloud Bigtable makes it possible to use Cloud Bigtable in a Cloud Dataflow pipeline.
A. Cloud Dataflow connector
B. DataFlow SDK
C. BiqQuery API
D. BigQuery Data Transfer Service
- Does Dataflow process batch data pipelines or streaming data pipelines?
A. Only Batch Data Pipelines
B. Both Batch and Streaming Data Pipelines
C. Only Streaming Data Pipelines
D. None of the above
- You are planning to use Google’s Dataflow SDK to analyze customer data such as displayed below. Your project requirement is to extract only the customer name from the data source and then write to an output PCollection.
Tom,555 X street –
Tim,553 Y street –
Sam, 111 Z street –
Which operation is best suited for the above data processing requirement?
B. Sink API
C. Source API
D. Data extraction
- Which Cloud Dataflow / Beam feature should you use to aggregate data in an unbounded data source every hour based on the time when the data entered the pipeline?
A. An hourly watermark
B. An event time trigger
C. The with Allowed Lateness method
D. A processing time trigger
- Which of the following is NOT true about Dataflow pipelines?
A. Dataflow pipelines are tied to Dataflow, and cannot be run on any other runner
B. Dataflow pipelines can consume data from other Google Cloud services
C. Dataflow pipelines can be programmed in Java
D. Dataflow pipelines use a unified programming model, so can work both with streaming and batch data sources
- You are developing a software application using Google’s Dataflow SDK, and want to use conditional, for loops and other complex programming structures to create a branching pipeline. Which component will be used for the data processing operation?
D. Sink API
- Which of the following IAM roles does your Compute Engine account require to be able to run pipeline jobs?
- Which of the following is not true about Dataflow pipelines?
A. Pipelines are a set of operations
B. Pipelines represent a data processing job
C. Pipelines represent a directed graph of steps
D. Pipelines can share data between instances
- By default, which of the following windowing behavior does Dataflow apply to unbounded data sets?
A. Windows at every 100 MB of data
B. Single, Global Window
C. Windows at every 1 minute
D. Windows at every 10 minutes
- Which of the following job types are supported by Cloud Dataproc (select 3 answers)?
- What are the minimum permissions needed for a service account used with Google Dataproc?
A. Execute to Google Cloud Storage; write to Google Cloud Logging
B. Write to Google Cloud Storage; read to Google Cloud Logging
C. Execute to Google Cloud Storage; execute to Google Cloud Logging
D. Read and write to Google Cloud Storage; write to Google Cloud Logging
- Which role must be assigned to a service account used by the virtual machines in a Dataproc cluster so they can execute jobs?
A. Dataproc Worker
B. Dataproc Viewer
C. Dataproc Runner
D. Dataproc Editor
- When creating a new Cloud Dataproc cluster with the projects.regions.clusters.create operation, these four values are required: project, region, name, and ____.
- Which Google Cloud Platform service is an alternative to Hadoop with Hive?
A. Cloud Dataflow
B. Cloud Bigtable
D. Cloud Datastore
- Which of these rules apply when you add preemptible workers to a Dataproc cluster (select 2 answers)?
A. Preemptible workers cannot use persistent disk.
B. Preemptible workers cannot store data.
C. If a preemptible worker is reclaimed, then a replacement worker must be added manually.
D. A Dataproc cluster cannot have only preemptible workers.
- When using Cloud Dataproc clusters, you can access the YARN web interface by configuring a browser to connect through a ____ proxy.
- Cloud Dataproc is a managed Apache Hadoop and Apache _____ service.
- Which action can a Cloud Dataproc Viewer perform?
A. Submit a job.
B. Create a cluster.
C. Delete a cluster.
D. List the jobs.
- Cloud Dataproc charges you only for what you really use with _____ billing.
- The YARN ResourceManager and the HDFS NameNode interfaces are available on a Cloud Dataproc cluster ____.
A. application node
B. conditional node
C. master node
D. worker node
- Which of these is NOT a way to customize the software on Dataproc cluster instances?
A. Set initialization actions
B. Modify configuration files using cluster properties
C. Configure the cluster using Cloud Deployment Manager
D. Log into the master node and make changes from there
- In order to securely transfer web traffic data from your computer’s web browser to the Cloud Dataproc cluster you should use a(n) _____.
A. VPN connection
B. Special browser
C. SSH tunnel
D. FTP connection
- All Google Cloud Bigtable client requests go through a front-end server ______ they are sent to a Cloud Bigtable node.
C. only if
- What is the general recommendation when designing your row keys for a Cloud Bigtable schema?
A. Include multiple time series values within the row key
B. Keep the row keep as an 8 bit integer
C. Keep your row key reasonably short
D. Keep your row key as long as the field permits
- Which of the following statements is NOT true regarding Bigtable access roles?
A. Using IAM roles, you cannot give a user access to only one table in a project, rather than all tables in a project.
B. To give a user access to only one table in a project, grant the user the Bigtable Editor role for that table.
C. You can configure access control only at the project level.
D. To give a user access to only one table in a project, you must configure access through your application.
- For the best possible performance, what is the recommended zone for your Compute Engine instance and Cloud Bigtable instance?
A. Have the Compute Engine instance in the furthest zone from the Cloud Bigtable instance.
B. Have both the Compute Engine instance and the Cloud Bigtable instance to be in different zones.
C. Have both the Compute Engine instance and the Cloud Bigtable instance to be in the same zone.
D. Have the Cloud Bigtable instance to be in the same zone as all of the consumers of your data.
- Which row keys are likely to cause a disproportionate number of reads and/or writes on a particular node in a Bigtable cluster (select 2 answers)?
A. A sequential numeric ID
B. A timestamp followed by a stock symbol
C. A non-sequential numeric ID
D. A stock symbol followed by a timestamp
- When a Cloud Bigtable node fails, ____ is lost.
A. all data
B. no data
C. the last transaction
D. the time dimension
- Which is not a valid reason for poor Cloud Bigtable performance?
A. The workload isn’t appropriate for Cloud Bigtable.
B. The table’s schema is not designed correctly.
C. The Cloud Bigtable cluster has too many nodes.
D. There are issues with the network connection.
- Which is the preferred method to use to avoid hotspotting in time series data in Bigtable?
A. Field promotion
- When you design a Google Cloud Bigtable schema it is recommended that you _________.
A. Avoid schema designs that are based on NoSQL concepts
B. Create schema designs that are based on a relational database design
C. Avoid schema designs that require atomicity across rows
D. Create schema designs that require atomicity across rows
- Which of the following is NOT a valid use case to select HDD (hard disk drives) as the storage for Google Cloud Bigtable?
A. You expect to store at least 10 TB of data.
B. You will mostly run batch workloads with scans and writes, rather than frequently executing random reads of a small number of rows.
C. You need to integrate with Google BigQuery.
D. You will not use the data to back a user-facing or latency-sensitive application.
- Cloud Bigtable is Google’s ______ Big Data database service.
D. SQL Server
- When you store data in Cloud Bigtable, what is the recommended minimum amount of stored data?
A. 500 TB
B. 1 GB
C. 1 TB
D. 500 GB
- If you’re running a performance test that depends upon Cloud Bigtable, all the choices except one below are recommended steps. Which is NOT a recommended step to follow?
A. Do not use a production instance.
B. Run your test for at least 10 minutes.
C. Before you test, run a heavy pre-test for several minutes.
D. Use at least 300 GB of data.
- Cloud Bigtable is a recommended option for storing very large amounts of ____________________________?
A. multi-keyed data with very high latency
B. multi-keyed data with very low latency
C. single-keyed data with very low latency
D. single-keyed data with very high latency
- Google Cloud Bigtable indexes a single value in each row. This value is called the _______.
A. primary key
B. unique key
C. row key
D. master key
- What is the HBase Shell for Cloud Bigtable?
A. The HBase shell is a GUI based interface that performs administrative tasks, such as creating and deleting tables.
B. The HBase shell is a command-line tool that performs administrative tasks, such as creating and deleting tables.
C. The HBase shell is a hypervisor based shell that performs administrative tasks, such as creating and deleting new virtualized instances.
D. The HBase shell is a command-line tool that performs only user account management functions to grant access to Cloud Bigtable instances.
- What is the recommended action to do in order to switch between SSD and HDD storage for your Google Cloud Bigtable instance?
A. create a third instance and sync the data from the two storage types via batch jobs
B. export the data from the existing instance and import the data into a new instance
C. run parallel instances where one is HDD and the other is SDD
D. the selection is final and you must resume using the same storage type.